[open-science] phd project on open science

Benedikt Fecher fecher at hiig.de
Tue Jan 22 14:51:58 UTC 2013

 Dear all,

I am a 'fresh' doctoral researcher at the Humboldt Institute for Internet
and Society since Septemer 2012. The topic of my research is open science;
respectively open research & participation.

Since I am dealing with open science in my phd, I thought, I should also
practice what I preach. So I wrote a blog entry about my understanding of
open science and how I want to explore it. In the entry I included a link
that leads to a Google Doc with a first scratch of my research design.

Since open science is a topic that is near and dear to all of you and since
you have surely more experience than me with the issue in both, theory and
practice, I venture the step and post the link  to the blog article in this
mailing list:
http://www.hiig.de/en/open-science-in-academic-research-open-draft-2/

For those of you that have a few free minutes and any interest in what I
wrote and am planning to do, I invite you to skim through the article and
the linked scratch paper of my research design. Neither my conceptual frame
nor my methodological approach is cut in stone yet.

I really appreciate your feedback, reading suggestions, criticism or
praise, inspiration, ideas etc. – ideally as a comment in the document or
in an Email to me.
Please accept my apologies if this Email is not of any relevance for you.

Thank you very much in advance!

& best regards from Berlin,

Benedikt

*In the study, I understand open science as the opening of the research
process and knowledge dissemination; as an emerging way to produce
knowledge. I acknowledge that open science as a movement embraces more than
that ...

--
[image: HIIG-Logo] <http://www.hiig.de> Benedikt Fecher |
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter | Doktorandenprogramm