[open-science] OFA Article on "Bottom-up creation of Open Scientific Knowledge"

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 9 17:09:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Rayna <rayna.st at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Peter et al.,
>
> I'd like to contribute as well, the project sounds fabulous.

That depends on us!

> Brief intro as I'm quite new to this list: I'm currently finishing my PhD
> in bioinformatics and have been active in free/open source software
> communities for quite some time now. Among others, I'm also a science
> blogger for the Nature-SciLogs.com 'Beyond the Lab' which explores new ways
> of doing science (citizen science, DIYbio, etc.). My personal focus is on
> 'garage biology' and economic models in self-sustained communities such as
> DIYbio informal groups. I recently joined the (thus far) infant OKFN France
> where enthusiasm is also present to develop open science in the country.

Great - I'm therefore assuming you are in the EU timezones.

I'm excited by the enthusiasm. We are going to have to be pragmatic in
terms of numbers -

* do we need to skype? I think so at the start
* can we coordinate all this?

I'm going to suggest we limit authorship to Europe (it is a Euro
group) and Sridhar
Gutam since we've agreed. Most of the other papers are single author ones -
and I'll call a halt at end of play today!

P.

Have a nice evening/day :)