[open-science] OFA Article on "Bottom-up creation of Open Scientific Knowledge"

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 9 17:46:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Bastian Greshake
<bgreshake at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi Peter,
> I'm also interested in joining the writing. The propagation of citizen
> science by aggregating and indexing the current scientific knowledge and
> making raw data available is exactly what we're hoping to achieve with
> openSNP. The project now runs for about 1 1/2 years and we're seeing the
> first impact of how people are using the data made available.

Great!!

I suspect that we will move towards a chapter with a general intro and then
sections done by each contributor.

It may me a good idea for each contributor to think of a paragraph
describing what they want to say and we'll try to hack a framework that
glues it together.

We'll probably include things like:
* citizen science
* personal science (like SNPS)
* self-aggregating communities (such as Open Malaria)
* information-driven science
* citizen analysis of public science data.

etc.