[open-science] looking for high-impact success stories of open science

david osimo david.osimo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:57:52 UTC 2013

All, thanks for the *great* input, both on the email list and on the gDoc.
Some clarifications:
- we don't focus on open access as it's already well known, we're more interested on open data / code / notebooks / workflows etc
- the current approach for the presentation is to have 3 stories of discoveries done thanks to open science (incl. Human Genome Project); and 3 major scientific errors due to lack of openness.
- then I give some data points about uptake; and
- elaborate on the barriers: career mechanisms centered on publishing, and IPR

Finally, I personally don't have the time to work on open science stories myself though. But will contribute content to it.
best
david

PS You can check our collection of links http://groups.diigo.com/group/science-20

david.osimo at gmail.com