[open-science] Fake Cancer study published in 157 Open Access Journals

Klaus Graf klausgraf at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 7 18:33:25 UTC 2013

I am still disappointed of the quite unfair handling of the Bohannon scoop
by OA advocates I admire(d) like Suber or now Murray Rust. I never thought
I would be on the side of Scholarly Kitchen

http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2013/10/04/open-access-sting-reveals-deception-missed-opportunities/

See also
http://archivalia.tumblr.com/tagged/openaccess

I still cannot see serious flaws and would like to be spared by offlist
comments suggesting I should read the critics of Suber (quite unfair),
Eisen (unfair) and Taylor (ridicolous). I will delete such spam immediately.

The "definitive rejection" by Eysenbach is in my opinion absolutely
worthless. The study isn't "blatantly unethical" as Eysenbach writes
because only an undercover operation could demonstrate the extension of the
OA sump. There is an shocking alliance of scam publishers and editors
calling Bohannon a "criminal" and pseudo-serious critiics like Eysenbach.

If you don’t like that message, don’t blame the messenger!

Klaus Graf