[open-science] Open Science 101 @ Mozilla Science Lab Global Sprint 2016 - your help needed

Stephanie Wright stephanie at mozillafoundation.org
Thu Jun 2 18:02:46 UTC 2016

Hi Konrad,

I'm loving so many of these topics but realize you are trying to
prioritize.  Should I limit to my top 3?

Steph

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Konrad Förstner <konrad at foerstner.org>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> tldr; Please vote for the topics we should start to include
>      into the Open Science 101 here today
> https://de.surveymonkey.com/r/F7WFCDK (THANKS!)
>
> We had a packed first day for our Open Science 101 project at the
> Mozilla Science Lab Global Sprint 2016 (see mail below). Currently, we
> try to set priorities regarding the topic to start with (*) and would
> like to get your input!
>
> Longish explanations of the different topics can be found here:
> https://pad.okfn.org/p/OpenScience101topicsuggestions
>
> Links to GitHub issues are found there too if you like to discuss
> topics in more detail. If you want to give more feedback and are not
> familiar with GitHub simply send me an email.
>
> Cheers
>
> Konrad
>

> (*) We want to have a small selection of topics that we want to cover
> in detail / with high quality.
>
> On Tue May 17, 2016 at 11:00:19PM +0200, Konrad Förstner wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> we want to use the Mozilla Science Lab Global Sprint 2016 [1] to start
>> a collection of open (CC0) educational materials around the topic Open
>> Science in order to make teaching the principals of Open Science
>> easier. To get this started we created a repo at github [2].
>>
>> You are warmly invited to help by
>>
>> - pointing us to other projects with similar aims
>> - adding topics/suggestion in the issue tracker [3]
>> - joining us during the sprint and after that. We have a slack channel
>> [4]. Alternatively contact me.
>> - being creative
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Konrad
>>
>> [1] https://www.mozillascience.org/global-sprint-2016
>> [2] https://github.com/OKScienceDE/Open_Science_101
>> [3] https://github.com/OKScienceDE/Open_Science_101/issues/
>> [4] https://openknowledgegermany.slack.com/messages/open_science_101/

Stephanie Wright
Open Data Training Lead, Mozilla Science Lab
Twitter @shefw  | GitHub @stephwright | Skype: stephanie_4504
ORCID: 0000-0003-3829-318X
"The opposite of 'open' isn't 'closed'.  The opposite of 'open' is
'broken'." ~ John Wilbanks